Re: where to find postgresql jobs in the Washington, DC area?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John McKown
Subject Re: where to find postgresql jobs in the Washington, DC area??
Date
List pgsql-general
I totally agree that putting job postings here would be undesirable. Well,
at least for me. I don't want a job, I've got one. However, the addition
of a job mailing list by itself would be OK by me. But I wonder how
effective it would be. I guess if the list is archived, then that would be
a bit better. However, I think that a separate page or set of pages on a
Web somewhere site would be better. Of course, such a web page would use
PostgreSQL to store the information (job wanted / job opening). I've used
PostgreSQL and PHP4 together effectively to make dynamic pages. The
problem with this would be administrative. Adding and removing openings,
Adding in and removing "position desired". Unless it were to be totally
user-driven. I guess that each entry would need to have a validated email
address (like the mailing list) and a password. That way it would be more
difficult for one person to alter something put in by another person. But
there are many such Web sites (I think - http://www.monster.com comes to
mind).

Well, just my thoughts. Probably not worth the electrons it takes to
display them,

John McKown