Re: True ACID under linux (no fsync)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From shawn everett
Subject Re: True ACID under linux (no fsync)?
Date
List pgsql-general
I may be horriblly out of my element here but, I'm going to jump in anyway
:)

If you mount a floppy and copy a large file to it, you will get a prompt
back fairly quickly.

If you type: sync right after

The sync command writes everything to the floppy as expected.

Shawn