Re: [HACKERS] My new job - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] My new job
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Excellent question.  I suggested leaving core, but that would still mean
> more than 1/3 of core people would be in one company.  Our short-term
> solution is to keep going until we see some problems.  Our long-term
> strategy is to increase the size of the core group.

In the end, PostgreSQL is still controlled by those who contribute the
work, so it doesn't matter who's in core and who's not.  Your leaving core
would certainly have been the worse "fix".  But I'm pleased that this
agreement was at least remembered.

Those who hang around GNU toolchain/build tools development lists may
recall occasional annoyances that design or implementation decisions are
apparently made on Cygnus-internal mailing lists.  Even if those cases
might have been unintended in hindsight, this is the sort of stuff that
one needs to be aware of.