Re: [HACKERS] My new job - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] My new job
Date
List pgsql-general
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > After careful consideration, I have decided to accept a job with Great
> > Bridge.
>
> Whatever happened to this:
>
> Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 15:19:48 -0400
> From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> To: Ross J. Reedstrom <reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu>
> Cc: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Steering committee responce to Great Bridge LLC
>
> : One thing we have agreed to is that there must not be an unseemly fraction
> : of core members working for the same company.  With six people on core,
> : probably about two working at the same company would be a reasonable
> : limit.

Excellent question.  I suggested leaving core, but that would still mean
more than 1/3 of core people would be in one company.  Our short-term
solution is to keep going until we see some problems.  Our long-term
strategy is to increase the size of the core group.