Re: OIDs and JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: OIDs and JDBC
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Nelson Ferreira Jr wrote:

>         You have to remove the LOs manually and after this delete the
> row that contains the OID...
>          By the way, How can I remove the orphans LOs of a database ? Is
> there a vaccum command that works for LOs ?

No, as it would be database/application specific.

Ie: a large object is only called an orphan because it's not actually
refered to by anything in the database (other than in the system
tables). You can still use it if you know it's oid, which you can get by a
simple query on the system tables.

Peter

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk http://www.retep.org.uk