Re: OIDs and JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: OIDs and JDBC
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Alejandro Alberola Arias wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I delete a row that contains a large object
> (better said an OID pointing to a large object) using
> JDBC, does this large object becomes orphan ?
> Must I remove manually the large object or is it
> remove automatically ?

Yes. This is because there is no actuall link between the row and the
BLOB.

In the source (src/contrib/lo) there is a simple example trigger that I
wrote some time ago, that you can associate with a table to monitor
DELETE and UPDATE operations, and if a field of type OID is affected, so
is the associated large object.

It's not perfect, but it works.

Peter

--