Re: Reimplementing permission checks for rules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Reimplementing permission checks for rules
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Philip Warner writes:

> Didn't Peter & Jan have a rewrite of the permissions system in the pipeline
> - or has that disappeared? What Jan was proposing was rather more
> substantial than just the setuid stuff, I *think*.

If I had known that we wouldn't beta until October I probably would have
started on it.  But there's a technical incompatibility issue at the core
of my idea that would have forced a postpone until 7.2 for some parts
anyway.