Stored Procedures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Tille
Subject Stored Procedures
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

after playing around for a while with PostgreSQL's Stored Functions
I think I understood the concept behind it a little bit.  It is mighty
but quite different from all other SQL servers Stored Procedures.
Considering the fact that there is another OpenSourced SQL database
engine Interbase, which knows Stored Procedures, I wonder if there
would be a way to port this stuff to one of the next releases of
PostgreSQL.  This would really simplify the porting efforts and so
PostgreSQL could gain more popularity because its easier for people
to switch.  The main problem is that there is a need to return a
table (several data columns) from a Stored Procedure which is not
possible with Stored Functions.

Just an idea

      Andreas.