Re: pg_dump and restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Tille
Subject Re: pg_dump and restore
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

after solving the timestamp issue I found out further problems with
the dump from the database.  I found out that *some* fields with
German Umlauts make psql fail with *some* records.  It is really strange
that *not all* records fail but just a *few* :-(((.  Enclosing the
strings in '' in the dump file helped psql and it could read the
records fine, but now they are included with additional '' :-(.
Well, after removing the '' with Access pg_dump cut the remainder
of the record so that the columns behind the string in question remain
empty.

What could cause this very strange trouble after having a correct
database pg_dumped???

Kind regards

        Andreas.