Re: [GENERAL] locale & mb support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Broytmann
Subject Re: [GENERAL] locale & mb support
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Gabriel Fernandez wrote:
>     The problem is that I do not get the result sorted as I would.
> What's wrong? What should I do?

   First, test your locale. Look int src/test/locale directory. There
you'll find some test. You should create similar test for your locale (and
I'd be happy if you send your test to me).

   If your locale tested Ok - stop postmaster and rerun initdb -E LATIN1.
I heared this solution few times, and once it helped me.

   BTW, you don't nned to pass LC_CTYPE to postmaster - it can be defined
on per client basis - so define it before invoking psql or other client
(similar to what you'll find in locale tests)...

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net