Re: Postgresql back-end - INTEGRATED - Excell Spreedsheets - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Silvio Macedo
Subject Re: Postgresql back-end - INTEGRATED - Excell Spreedsheets
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!
I would suggest that you use PG ODBC drivers to make a system data source
(Setting-Control Panel-ODBC-Add... , after installing PG ODBC driver of
course).

Then, you would use VB for App or whatever excel Macros you do to fill in
those external tables. I have not tried this, but, as far as I know, it
would work, and would be reasonably efficient. I did it with Access
applications, that, in all regards would be very similar.
With some programming, you could even make the secretaries edit the real
tables (or a copy, but still on the PG DB) directly from their m$ excel
spreadsheets.

Any comments ?
Cheers, Silvio

--
``````````````` Silvio Emanuel Nunes Barbosa de Macedo '''''''''''''''''''
smacedo@ic.ac.uk                                         smacedo@inescn.pt