Indent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Indent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>From FAQ_DEV:

"pgindent will format source files to match our standard format, whichhas four-space tabs, and an indenting format
specifiedby flags to theyour operating system's utility indent."

Then why are all files indented with eight spaces? I personally like the
four spaces, straight bsd style in Emacs and -orig in indent. But at least
it should be consistent.

Also, how can I prevent this from happening:

void
print_copyright(void)
{       puts(                "                PostgreSQL Data Base Management System                Copyright(c) 1996 -
9PostgreSQL Global Development Group

instead of

void
print_copyright(void)
{                                                                                        puts(

"
PostgreSQL Data Base Management System

Copyright(c) 1996 - 9 PostgreSQL Global Development Group

?
Looks really ugly in the output.