Re: Sum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marcelo Pereira
Subject Re: Sum
Date
List pgsql-general
P E R F E C T !!!

Hello Jean-Luc,

Thanks for your answer, it was exacty what I was needing.

Best Regards,

See ya,

Marcelo Pereira

-- Remember that only God and Esc+:w saves.
        __
       (_.\           Marcelo Pereira       |
        / / ___                             |
       / (_/ _ \__    Matematica/99 - IMECC |
_______\____/_\___)___Unicamp_______________/

--- Jean-Luc Lachance, with his fast fingers, wrote:

:> Marcelo,
:>
:> Assuming that "cod" is unique and sequencial, you can use the following:
:>
:> SELECT *, ( SELECT SUM( value) from table as t2 where t2.cod <= t1.cod)
:> as running_total
:> FROM table as t1
:> ORDER BY cod;
:>
:> jll
:>
:>
:> Marcelo Pereira wrote:
:> >
:> > Hello All,
:> >
:> > I have a single table as:
:> >
:> > cod     date       value
:> > ---+-------------+-------
:> > 1  | 2002-03-12  |  5
:> > 2  | 2002-03-13  |  4
:> > 3  | 2002-03-13  |  7
:> > 4  | 2002-03-14  |  3
:> >
:> > ... and I would like to do a select that do `partial sums'.
:> >
:> > So, for instance, I would like to do a select that returns:
:> >
:> > cod     date       value   partial sum
:> > ---+-------------+-------+--------------
:> > 1  | 2002-03-12  |   5   |      5
:> > 2  | 2002-03-13  |   4   |      9
:> > 3  | 2002-03-13  |   7   |     16
:> > 4  | 2002-03-14  |   3   |     19
:> >
:> > As you can see, the row `partial sum' is what I am looking for. Do you
:> > have any idea how can I do it?
:> >
:> > Thanks in advance,
:> >