Adding a New Composite Constraint to an Existing Table. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bhuvan A
Subject Adding a New Composite Constraint to an Existing Table.
Date
Re: Adding a New Composite Constraint to an Existing Table.  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I am using postgresql 7.1.  I was unable to add a new PRIMARY KEY
constraint to an existing table.

i have table,
CREATE TABLE xx
( id int, name text, amount int
);

I have say some 10 records in this table, which are unique and not
null (primary). Fine! Now, i am willing to have primary key constraint
to all the 3 fields.

I tried,

bhuvan=> ALTER TABLE xx ADD primary key (id, name, amount);
ERROR:  ALTER TABLE / ADD CONSTRAINT is not implemented for that
constraint type.

Where i am wrong? How else, can i get that primary key constraint
WITHOUT RECREATING that table?

Hope to get some lights.

Regards,
Bhuvaneswar.