While Using COPY COMMAND ... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bhuvan A
Subject While Using COPY COMMAND ...
Date
List pgsql-sql
hello sirs,,

I am using PSQL client. I can able to copy the contents of a
table to '/tmp/' directory. But Why can't i able to copy
contents of a table to my home directory?

But, i can redirect the output of a command (\o) to a file
in my home directory..  How it gets succeed while the prev.
doesn't????

For your clarifications, here is the workflow.

bhuvan=# copy f_addr_phones with oids to
'/home/bhuvan/fap-table';
ERROR:  COPY command, running in backend with effective uid
1015, could not open file '/home/bhuvan/fap-table' for
writing.  Errno = Permission denied (13).
bhuvan=# copy f_addr_phones with oids to '/tmp/fap-table';
COPY
bhuvan=#

------