Re: MySQL comparison - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Vazsonyi
Subject Re: MySQL comparison
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Ferruccio Zamuner wrote:

>  - PostgreSQL implements stored procedures in SQL, Perl and TCL in standard
> source distribution. Developers are able to add more
> languages for stored procedures.
>    MySQL doesn't support stored procedures.
Do you mean "user defined functions?"
Hmmm... Sorry, but what does it mean "strored procedure"?
IMHO stroed procedure is somewhat like this:
Proc dd_deleteds() SELECT * FROM dd WHERE deleted=1;
END;
And you can call this procedure from client, or from a backend-parsed pl.
A procedure may produce a some columns, and some rows. I think there are
DBMS, who support this. PostgreSQL do it?

--nek;)))