don't know whether nodes of type 719 are equal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject don't know whether nodes of type 719 are equal
Date
Re: [HACKERS] don't know whether nodes of type 719 are equal  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
... yeah, me neither.

Hi all, I have an interesting one for you today. I'm writing a new \dd
command (one that actually works), and I have come across the following
situation:

SELECT DISTINCT a.aggname as "Name" FROM pg_aggregate a UNION ALL
SELECT DISTINCT p.proname as "Name" FROM pg_proc p UNION ALL
SELECT DISTINCT o.oprname as "Name" FROM pg_operator o UNION ALL
SELECT DISTINCT t.typname as "Name" FROM pg_type t UNION ALL
SELECT DISTINCT c.relname as "Name" FROM pg_class c
;

(It doesn't make much sense as it stands, but I have picked out the
offending parts.)

I get
NOTICE:  equal: don't know whether nodes of type 719 are equal

Actually, I get several of these. Depending on the number of select
clauses, I get 1 for the third, 2 for the 4th, 3 for the 5th, etc. So the
above query gives me 6 notices. A query with only two select clauses gives
me none.

Without the DISTINCTs everything goes fine.

Now this seems to have something to do with a lack of an equal operator
for the type "name", right? Interestingly enough, the type name has oid
19, whereas type 719 is "_circle", or what does the 719 refer to?

Thanks,Peter