Re: [INTERFACES] problems with large-objects - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] problems with large-objects
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Of course I take an immediate look into the docs, and I found it: In the
> > sample program of the Large-Object-chapter (Chapter 15). Is this the
> > only place where it is documented? If this is the only place, then I
> > think, it should be mentioned in more places. Or can you tell me, where
> > I can read more about it?
>
> I don't know. I just added a note to the top of the "Interfaces"
> portion of that chapter which mentions this explicitly. Maybe that is
> enough...

We need to add a reference to this in the JDBC docs, as I'm answering
quite a few "bug" reports where LargeObjects are not working.

For jdbc, you need to use the setAutoCommit() method to false.

ie:
Connection mycon;
mycon.setAutoCommit(false);
... now use Large Objects

I'm thinking of adding a more descriptive error message when LO's fail.

Peter

--      Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf