Problem with Rules - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Problem with Rules
Date
List pgsql-sql
I am trying to create some rules for referential integrity. A generic
example:

test=> create table one (id int4, name text);

test=> create table two (ref int4, descr text);

So lets say the "ref" references the "id" and I want to ensure update and
delete cascade when table "one" is modified:

test=> create rule one_delete_cascade as on delete to one do delete from
two where ref = current.id;
ERROR:  current: Table does not exist.

test=> create rule one_update_cascade as on update to one do update two
set ref=new.id where ref=current.id;
ERROR:  current: Table does not exist.

Apparently, it recognizes the "new" pseudo-instance but not the "current"
one. Please don't tell me "current" is not yet implemented.

test=> select version();
version
PostgreSQL 6.5.0 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.3

Thanks.

--
Peter Eisentraut
PathWay Computing, Inc.