Re: [GENERAL] postgres getting slow - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brian
Subject Re: [GENERAL] postgres getting slow
Date
List pgsql-general

> I have something like this in my startup script appended to the invocation
> of the postmaster ( as we discussed yesterday):
>
> >> ${PGLOGFILE} 2>&1
>
> where $PGLOGFILE is a path to postgres.log.

What sort of things to do you catch with logging this?  I haven't seen a
single thing goto this file since starting it:

export PGLOGFILE=/var/lib/pgsql/pg.log
su postgres -c '/usr/bin/postmaster -B 250 -i -S -D/var/lib/pgsql -o -S 1024 >> ${PGLOGFILE} 2>&1'

[signal@norad signal]$ ls -al /var/lib/pgsql/pg.log
-rw-rw-r--   1 postgres postgres        0 May 14 11:31 /var/lib/pgsql/pg.log

> Brett W. McCoy
>                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/
> "One basic notion underlying Usenet is that it is a cooperative."
>
> Having been on USENET for going on ten years, I disagree with this.
> The basic notion underlying USENET is the flame.
>         -- Chuq Von Rospach

Brian Feeny (BF304)     signal@shreve.net
318-222-2638 x 109    http://www.shreve.net/~signal
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)