select from into question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Heflin
Subject select from into question
Date
List pgsql-general
Just hoping some magic SQL can get me out of this one easily enough.

I have a field of type varchar a sample would look something like this:

'categoryname/subcategoryname/someotherinformation/012345'

all I want in this field is that last bit of information after the last
'/' ie: '012345'

I'd like to either replace this field with this number alone or insert
into another newly created field.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kevin

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #175    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net