Re: Restart postgres in php as nobody - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darren Ferguson
Subject Re: Restart postgres in php as nobody
Date
List pgsql-general
Not really a Postgres related issue

From a security point of view your system is behaving normally because you
should not be able to execute root commands from a web browser

However if you have any C experience you may want to write a small script
that will setuid(0) i.e. root and then execute the command depending on
the argument that you give it.

Then put this file in /usr/local/bin

This should allow you to do what you want to do

Darren

Darren Ferguson
Software Engineer
Openband