PLEASE HELP ME!: binary data in text/varchar? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Swaminathan Natarajan
Subject PLEASE HELP ME!: binary data in text/varchar?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi there!

I am using pgsql 7.0/ecpg C interface on Redhat 6.1.
Is it possible to store and retrieve fixed length binary data (<100bytes
in length) in text or varchar (or any other data type)? Using ecpg, I want
to "memcpy" from my local variable to a field in the table and back.
Postgresql seems to do a "strcpy" instead. If someone can help me, I
would greatly appreciate it! I checked the archives and examples but found
no relevant articles.

THANKS!!!
Swami.