Re: what's going on here? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben
Subject Re: what's going on here?
Date
List pgsql-general
I think that's because the stream=1 query is doing a sequential scan on
files, so it has to look at everything, whereas the index scan in the
stream=2 query only looks at the important rows. (Which in this case was
just 1 row.)

I think this question is: why is one using an index scan and the other
using a sequential scan?