Re: Why is explain horribly optimistic for sorts? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben
Subject Re: Why is explain horribly optimistic for sorts?
Date
List pgsql-general
After enabling the new likeplanning code, things only get worse... the
estimated cost for the same query is now:

Sort  (cost=4.95..4.95 rows=1 width=136)
  ->  Index Scan using jennyann_target_key on jennyann  (cost=0.00..4.94 rows=1 width=136)

So this doesn't really seem to help much. :)

Out of curiosity, why does it take so long to order data by a datetime
field?