Re: pg_hba.conf question - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Milind Patil
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf question
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Graham Vickrage" <graham@digitalplanit.com> writes:
> > After trying the usual command %psql dbname to connect I keep getting the
> > message
> > No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user postgres, database dbname
>
> Looks to me like you're trying to connect via Unix-socket.  Try
> specifying PGHOST=localhost at the client.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Well , it seems Ur editing wrong file.

If Ur working on postgres 6.5 edit the file pg_hba.conf file in pgsql dir

however if Ur working on postgres 7 edit file pg_hba.conf file in
pgsq/data dir and locate other pg_hba.conf file if exists and rename them.

Check this out.

Regrds,

Milind.