Re: duplicate key ? (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sungchul Park
Subject Re: duplicate key ? (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you for your answer.

>  And  that's strange.  I'm not  sure about  encodings, never  used them....
According to my last test.  It seems not to be a solution changing encoding of
database. I've created new test database with SQL_ASCII encoding and got same
result.

> Probably you should  use another datatype to textual  attributes?
Same. I've tried CHAR and TEXT. It didn't solve my problem.

> It's very likely that  when you're  trying to  enter 'hbcol',  an escape
> sequence is
> entered  (2  bytes), and  then  each  ASCII  char  also takes  two  octets.
> Hmmmm.... So, it's truncated? If so, then with the first insert only escape
> sequence and 'hbc'  is inserted and this causes duplication  for the second
> insert?

I don't think so. I've tried to insert other code 'hbcog'. It caused no error.

>  Just  a wild  speculation.  Someone  with more  experience  would be  more
> helpfull.

thanks again.

Park, Sungchul / mailto:scpark@gen128.com
gen128, inc. - The internet company powered by open source.
http://www.gen128.com / Voice : +82-2-3017-0128 / Fax : +82-2-3017-1128
238-9 poi kangnam, #601 poongjoen bldg., Seoul 135-250, Republic of Korea