Re: Making changes visible to other connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: Making changes visible to other connections
Date
Re: Making changes visible to other connections  (andrew@ugh.net.au)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 andrew@ugh.net.au wrote:

> If I run an UPDATE operation from one connection the changed data is only
> visible from that connection. How do make the change visible from other
> connections? Do I have to wrap everything in a transaction?

I would venture to say yes.  If you are doing any kind of multi-user
activity, you should be using transactions and committing or rolling back
your data to maintain integrity.  This applies whether you are using
libpq, DBI, ODBC, or whatever.

Brett W. McCoy
                                              http://www.chapelperilous.net
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.