Re: image storing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: image storing
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Adam Lang wrote:

> Has anyone setup a postgres server that stores the location of images (or
> any file) and is accessed by a windows based client?  In particular postgres
> running on a non-windows OS.

Yes, but the access was via a web browser interface.  I just stored the
pathnames in the database.  I had postgres running on a Linux box, and the
images themseleves were on a RAID served through Novell, then converted
into PDF images and stored on another RAID served through Linux.  If you
set up Samba, you could still get to the images even if they were on a
Linux box, but the web browse interface (using Perl as the development
langauge) was by far the easier to use for building an application.

Brett W. McCoy
                                              http://www.chapelperilous.net
design, v.:
    What you regret not doing later on.