Fake table name? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Fake table name?
Date
List pgsql-general
I know I've seen this but can't even begin to guess where that was so I'll
ask.  I need to add a fake entry to a UNION.  A row that doesn't exist in
the table and shouldn't.  It's for a CGI script where I want the user have
the all/none/whatever option.

    select tbl_key, equipname from equipment
    UNION
    select 'All', 'All Equipment' from ???

   Heck I can't even remember what is was called in Oracle.

TIA,
Rod
--
Roderick A. Anderson