Re: Fw: Redhat 7 and PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dominic J. Eidson
Subject Re: Fw: Redhat 7 and PgSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Adam Lang wrote:

> that's mighty f***** up.  I thought the point of compiling the code was that
> features would not be added unless you TOLD it to?

Complain to Rasmus - not that it'll get you anywhere... *grumble*

> I also heard that mysql is looking to use PHP as its interface language...

No, MySQL is looking into using the Zend scripting engine for their stored
procedures - another move that undermines their viabillity as DB in my
eyes. MySQL is becoming this big (unmanageable) patchwork of third party
software... I hope/predict it will die soon.

> (As I type this on Win98 using Outlook Express.)

[dominic@postgres dominic]$ uname -a
Linux postgres 2.2.14-6.1.1smp #1 SMP Thu Apr 13 19:55:55 EDT 2000 i686 unknown

Yes, the server name _is_ "postgres" :)

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                        "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli