Re: Postgres + PHP question: username in pg_connect? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: Postgres + PHP question: username in pg_connect?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Erich wrote:

> I'm getting ready to switch over from MySQL to Postgres for my PHP
> application.  Looking over the docs of PHP, it shows a pg_connect
> command, which doesn't accept a user name.

Sure it does:

$conn = pg_connect("dbname=orders host=localhost user=orders_admin
password=ORDERS!admin");

This also applies to pg_pconnect, for persistent conenctions.

Brett W. McCoy
                                              http://www.chapelperilous.net
You can learn many things from children.  How much patience you have,
for instance.
        -- Franklin P. Jones