Re: automatic sequences - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Harvey Chapman
Subject Re: automatic sequences
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Richard Harvey Chapman wrote:

> I'm having trouble with postgres' default naming scheme for sequences.
>
> Does it only use the first 13 characters of the table name and column name
> so it doesn't pass the 32 character name limit?

nevermind, it is in fact as listed above.  I'll just have to start varying
my names before the first 13 characters.

R.

jui=# create table abcdefghijklmnop (
jui(# abcdefghijklmnop SERIAL PRIMARY KEY);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence
'abcdefghijklm_abcdefghijklm_seq' for SERIAL column
'abcdefghijklmnop.abcdefghijklmnop'
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
'abcdefghijklmnop_pkey' for table 'abcdefghijklmnop'
CREATE