Re: [GENERAL] Weird datetime problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Lewis
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Weird datetime problem
Date
List pgsql-general
I was thinking that it may be a timezone thing. Some of the dates are of
CDT and some are CST.

I live in Dallas which is the Central Time Zone.

I just don't understand. I seem to have alot of time/date problems with
Postgres. Maybe its just me.....

Actually, now I see what is going on. I defined this column as type
datetime with a default to now(). At one time the default worked ok. Now
it doesn't work at all. Perhaps this is a bug?

If I insert a record and not state a date_submitted value the value that I
get when I select that row is an eroneous date. However if I use now() even
though it should default to now(), it works fine.

Maybe this message would be better posted in the hackers list.

Andy

d, 12 May 1999, Chris Bitmead