Re: [HACKERS] problem compiling 6.5 cvs (Linux, gcc 2.7.2, egcs 1.12) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From gjerde@icebox.org
Subject Re: [HACKERS] problem compiling 6.5 cvs (Linux, gcc 2.7.2, egcs 1.12)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 11 May 1999, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Something is weird for me. After posting my problems with compiling 6.5 cvs
> I compiled the same cvs source at home using  egcs-1.12 release.
> Everything was ok and regression tests passed as usual with some of
> them failed (int2,int4, triggers etc). At home I run Linux 2.2.7 while at
> work I use Linux 2.0.36. Could this be a problem ?

Shouldn't be.  However, have been using 2.2.x for a while, so I'm not
sure.  It unlikely tho, since I'm sure many people are still running
2.0.36..

Are you sure /usr/include/linux is a symlink to
/usr/src/linux/include/linux?

What glibc version are you running and when did you update your CVS
source last?

----
I did find a solution to the psql.c compiling problem with glibc 2.1.

If you change the
static FILE * cur_cmd_source = stdin;
static FILE * cur_cmd_source;

and then add
cur_cmd_source = stdin;
to main() it seems to both compile and work fine.  Maybe I'm too tired to
figure out that static is making a difference in this case :)

Ole Gjerde