Re: [SQL] Question about PL/pgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kovacs Zoltan Sandor
Subject Re: [SQL] Question about PL/pgSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
>       Can anybody help me how to declare and use an text array in PL/pgSQL
This plpgsql function answers the question whether a user (from
pg_shadow) is a member of the groups (pg_group), reading the array column
of pg_group. Unfortunately, I could not change any array item nor append
the array. I am afraid it is impossible, remembering Peter Eisentraut's
advice.

You might find something similar in contrib/array/.

Regards,
Zoltan

CREATE FUNCTION is_a_group_member (int4,varchar) RETURNS bool AS'
declare   rename $1 to userno;   rename $2 to group;   groupno integer;   listelement int4;   i integer;   b bool;
yesnobool;

begin   select into groupno grosysid from pg_group where group = groname;   if not found thenraise exception
''Non-existinggroup'';end if;   i = 0; b = ''t''; yesno = ''f'';   while b loopi = i + 1;select into listelement
pg_group.grolist[i]   from pg_group where groupno = grosysid;if listelement is null then    b = ''f'';    end if;if b
anduserno = listelement then    yesno = ''t'';    end if;end loop;   return yesno;

end;