Re: [INTERFACES] [ANN] pg.el v0.2 -- Emacs Lisp interface to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Hugh Lawson
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] [ANN] pg.el v0.2 -- Emacs Lisp interface to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On 21 Jul 1999, Eric Marsden wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>
> That's right. demo is an example of the type of elisp a programmer
> would write to access PostgreSQL from Emacs. You can also play around
> with it interactively:
>
>   ELISP> (setq conn (pg:connect "template1" "postgres" "postgres"))
>   <struct cl ...>
>   ELISP> (setq res (pg:exec conn "SELECT * from scshdemo WHERE a=42"))
>   <struct cl ...>
>   ELISP> (pg:result res :status)
>   "SELECT"

I can't get the hang of doing this.  How do you get the ELISP> prompt?
And what exactly do you type?

I have succeeded at making the example function work properly.

Hugh Lawson
Greensboro, North Carolina
hglawson@nr.infi.net