Apache authentication & PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Fomichev Michael
Subject Apache authentication & PostgreSQL
Date
RE: [SQL] Apache authentication & PostgreSQL
Re: [ADMIN] Apache authentication & PostgreSQL
List pgsql-sql
Hi, all !
I'm trying to show data from the PostgreSQL database to the Web page,
using WWW-SQL. I want the users to get an access to the database from the
browsers under their own names. To achieve this I configured Apache so
that it would authenticate an user when the user enters the directory with
CGI-scripts. I'd like that the name and the password of the user having
been authenticated, will be used in CGI-script for the access to the
database.
I can get the user's name via environment variable $REMOTE_USER, wich is
set by Apache.

Now the question: is it possible to get the password, which the user has
entered by the authentication ?

I know one solution. But it requires hacking of Apache.

Thanks for any suggestions.

| Fomichev Mikhail | The Government of Kamchatka region.           |
| Vladimirovich    | The Labour and Social Development Department. |
|<fomichev@null.ru>|                                               |