Re: [HACKERS] Prepared statements (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Prepared statements (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Taral wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Vadim Mikheev wrote:
> >1. PG can handle prepared queries.
> >   Parser & Planner can parse/plan (i.e. prepare) query with
> >   parameters once, so such prepared query can be executed
> >   many times by executor without parser/planner invocation.
> >2. We have to implement some interface to use this ability.
>
> Yes, I need prepared statements for CORBA, too.

This would improve JDBC's PreparedStatement as well.

--       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf