Re: [INTERFACES] Using Postgres's NOTIFY/LISTEN - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Using Postgres's NOTIFY/LISTEN
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, John Bosch wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could answer the following
> questions.
>
> I'm using Postgresql as the database for a Java application I am writing
>
> and would like to use the NOTIFY/LISTEN feature of Postgres. Can anyone
> tell if and how I can use these functions through the Postgres JDBC
> driver.

It's one of those things I didn't include in the driver :-(

> Otherwise I'll have to think of another way of doing what I want to do
> :(

Ok, you've got me thinking... It shouldn't be too difficult to add NOTIFY
support. I'll have a look at it during this morning, and I'll get back to
you.

--
       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk