Re: [SQL] Performance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jason Slagle
Subject Re: [SQL] Performance
Date
Re: [SQL] Performance  ("Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@lan2wan.com>)
List pgsql-sql
What, if anything, are you using as an index.

I have 1,400,000 entries (200MB) I'm inserting into a database.  Radius
detail files as a matter of fact.  Apart from COPY taking forever to load
that (probably due to my several indexes), it seems the select is VERY
slow.  Any tips?

How CPU intensive is a select?

Jason

---
Jason Slagle
Network Administrator - Toledo Internet Access - Toledo Ohio
- raistlin@tacorp.net - jslagle@toledolink.com - WHOIS JS10172