Re: [GENERAL] select using date - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Heflin
Subject Re: [GENERAL] select using date
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Jose' Soares wrote:

> Try:
>
> select  current_date, CURRENT_DATE - INTERVAL '1 DAY';
>   ?column?|?column?
> ----------+----------------------
> 1999-01-08|1999-01-07 00:00:00+01
> (1 row)
>
> PostgreSQL has a syntax sligth different than SQL92. You have to enclose
> '1 DAY' instead of '1' DAY.

Well, I tried:

select  current_date, CURRENT_DATE - INTERVAL '1 DAY';

but receive the following:

ERROR:  There is no operator '-' for types 'date' and 'timespan'
        You will either have to retype this query using an explicit cast,
        or you will have to define the operator using CREATE OPERATOR

After trying somethings, I was able to get this to work:

select CURRENT_DATE -1;

will subtract 1 day from the current date... which gives me what I need
for now.

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #619    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net