Re: permissions .. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Broytmann
Subject Re: permissions ..
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

   [ I am answering to pgsql-general instead of pgsql-questions ]

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Reshma Choodanath wrote:
> I was trying the to revoke and grant permissions to the users on the tables,
> from the psql prompt. I appears that the revoke and grant functions donot
> do the needful. Could someone help me, as to how the permissions
> can be manipulated.

   I didn't note any problem. When I write CGIs, I grant permissions with
psql; something like this:

create user httpd
psql -c "grant select on mytable to httpd;" mydatabase

   I didn't play with REVOKE, though...

Oleg.
----
  Oleg Broytmann     http://members.tripod.com/~phd2/     phd2@earthling.net