Re: [HACKERS] empty concatenate - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak - Zakkr
Subject Re: [HACKERS] empty concatenate
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> >Well, but why PgSQL ignore function result if any argument is NULL. IMHO is
> >function's problem what return, and PgSQL must use this result.
> I believe this is a known issue that's being looked at right now.
I not agree with this concept:-).

(My problem is not write query, I know SQL and coalesce()...etc. I want
good understand current implementation.)

! Why is textcat() (and other) function called if result from this
function is ignored, it is bad spending (my CPU is not boredom). See
my 'C' example in my first letter...
                    Karel