Re: [SQL] qurey plan and indices - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From MESZAROS Attila
Subject Re: [SQL] qurey plan and indices
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

> LIKE '%something%'
> (which means, the field contains 'something' somewhere in the field)I should have to remove that % sign...this is not
thereal problem, bceause the subquery alone withbooth the % signs responds faster than a second.

I think the real problem is that, the subquery is evaluated 3575times :((((
If you see the plan of the direct manul query in my previous mailyou will see that there is no sequential search at
all....
what makes the difference????

Attila