c language function - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Engard Ferenc
Subject c language function
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all,

I looked through all the docs in the postgresql binary package (debian),
and didn't found a good description about how to write an sql function
in 'c' which accepts an arbitrary table as an argument. The only function
which the programmers' guide mentioned around this context (i.e.
server-side functions) is the GetAttributeByName. Unfortunately I don't
have the source of the postgresql, and if you can suggest a (good)
description about the other functions which I can use, then I don't need to
download it. Anyway, the task I want to write is quite simple: I want to
write a function which is nearly the same as the COPY command, except that
in the 1st row it writes the names of the fields. So I need a func which
returns the No. of the fields and the names of the fields.

Thanks for all:
Circum

 __  @
/  \    _   _                                           Engard Ferenc
l    | ( \ /  | | (\/)                      mailto:s-fery@kkt.sote.hu
\__/ | |   \_ \_/ I  I                    http://pons.sote.hu/~s-fery