Re: [GENERAL] Re: locale in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tamas Nyitrai
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: locale in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> >   test=> select * from test where name like 'a%';
> >   name
> >   ----
> >   (0 rows)]
> >

> > Has anyone else seen such a locale-based problem?
>
>    Works fine for me with 6.4 on 2 platforms:
>    (Sun Solaris 2.5.1, locale=koi8-r (unix cyrillic))
>    (x86 Debian 2.0, locale=koi8-r)

Hi Oleg,

If I set the LANG variable to koi8-r or to any other values, then the
above select fails. :(

The system I use is a x86 Debian 2.1, it seems that this error has
something to do with libc6-2.0.7u, rather then postgresql.

Regards,
Tamas