Re: [INTERFACES] large object error - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] large object error
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Peter  Garner wrote:

> Hi All!  :-)
>
> Thanks for your help! :-)  I am attempting to write an app
> that uses large objects.  It is an offline Usenet NNTP news
> reader that stores all of the message information in a
> postgres database.  I am using the LOBS to hold the
> message body.  Thus one of the tables is declared as
>
> create table Msg_Bodies
> (
>   Msg_Id                text      not null  ,
>   Msg_Body              OID       not null  ,
>
>   primary key ( Msg_Id )
>
> ) ;
>

> I am getting a wierd error attempting to access the lobs.
> When I close the lob, I get the error
>
> PQfn: expected a 'V' from the backend. Got 'N' instead

What interface are you using?

When I was implementing large object for JDBC, I came across this. If
you're using libpq, I may know where the problem is.

--
       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk