Re: [HACKERS] CVS and the backend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CVS and the backend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> My problems with a fresh CVSup'd source went away when I ran ldconfig.
> The name of the shared library has changed. One of the symptoms is that
> I got an "atoi" error partway through initdb.

I did get atoi errors for a while aswell, but apparently that was another
problem in the source, not ldconfig. You see, before the atoi errors, I
was getting some weird script errors in initdb itself, which were fixed by
ldconfig.

> Don't know if it is related, but you might want to reconfigure your
> shared library database just to be safe...

I'm checking that now, and will fetch another fresh source tree at the
same time.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk