Re: [GENERAL] [SQL] Can I store bitmap graphics in a table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [GENERAL] [SQL] Can I store bitmap graphics in a table?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Matt McClure wrote:

> I'm relatively new to postgres myself, but I'll take a stab at this.
> Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> You can insert the graphic file by declaring the type to be OID and using
> lo_import().

The down side to lo_import is that the file has to be on the server.
There are ways of doing this from the client. An example for libpq is in
the source tree (I can't remember where exactly), and the ImageViewer and
BlobTest examples in the jdbc directory also show this.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk